David Eckhoff is the principal investigator of the computer science group at TUMCREATE, Singapore, a joint research institute by TU Munich and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. David received his Ph.D. degree in engineering (Dr.-Ing., with distinction) and his M.Sc. degree in computer science (Dipl.-Inf. Univ., graduating top of his class) from the University of Erlangen in 2016 and 2009, respectively. In 2016 he was a visiting scholar with the group of Prof. Lars Kulik at the University of Melbourne, Australia. In October 2016, he joined TUMCREATE in Singapore in the group of Prof. Alois Knoll. His research interests include privacy protection, smart cities, vehicular networks, and intelligent transportation systems with a particular focus on modelling and simulation.
- David Eckhoff and Isabel Wagner, "Privacy in the Smart City -- Applications, Technologies, Challenges and Solutions," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 20 (1), pp. 489-516, 2018. [ DOI, BibTeX, PDF and Details]
- Isabel Wagner and David Eckhoff, "Technical Privacy Metrics: A Systematic Survey," ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR), vol. 51 (3), pp. 57:1-57:38, June 2018. [ DOI, BibTeX, PDF and Details]
- David Eckhoff and Christoph Sommer, "Readjusting the Privacy Goals in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks: A Safety-preserving Solution Using Non-Overlapping Time-slotted Pseudonym Pools," Elsevier Computer Communications, vol. 122, pp. 118-128, June 2018. [ DOI, BibTeX, PDF and Details]
- David Eckhoff and Christoph Sommer, "Driving for Big Data? Privacy Concerns in Vehicular Networking," IEEE Security & Privacy, vol. 12 (1), pp. 77-79, February 2014. [ DOI, BibTeX, PDF and Details]
- David Eckhoff, Bastian Halmos and Reinhard German, "Potentials and Limitations of Green Light Optimal Speed Advisory Systems," Proceedings of 5th IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC 2013), Boston, MA, December 2013, pp. 103-110. [ DOI, BibTeX, PDF and Details]
- David Eckhoff, Nikoletta Sofra and Reinhard German, "A Performance Study of Cooperative Awareness in ETSI ITS G5 and IEEE WAVE," Proceedings of 10th IEEE/IFIP Conference on Wireless On demand Network Systems and Services (WONS 2013), Banff, Canada, March 2013, pp. 196-200. [ DOI, BibTeX, PDF and Details]